January 28, 2013

Changes....

Do you remember your teen years? I do. 

The other day I sat down to think about my teen years and how I wanted, like most of you,  so badly to be a grown up. 
I was dying to grow up. Have my own car, a house, my family. I dreamed of the happily ever after that most movies show, the one most of us dream to have. My mom is a single mom of 4 and I grew up seeing her struggle with everyday stuff. It was hard for her to provide for us. It was hard to do it alone. 

I thought to myself: I don't wish to do it alone. When I grow up, I want to share the burden with someone else. I want my Happily ever After.

It turns out life had other plans. My wheels have come off and after 3 kids and at the age of 31 I've come to the conclusion that my happily ever after doesn't involve a husband. It requires God and the same determination my mother had to do what she believed was best. Best for us. 

So here I go world, three kids in hand, a pocket full of wishes and dreams, a bright smile for the not so shiny days....Here I come solitude to embrace you with the words Society sees as a disgrace "divorce"... Take me as I am or watch me move on...

This mom has finally taken her training wheels off...



Aide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheels here we go!