September 02, 2011

It´s Childhood Cancer month...most of us don´t even know

Today I read a post from Manic Mother Photography that broke my heart. The owner of this blog (sorry I don’t know her name) has a child with Leukemia, his name is Ezra. He seems to be a gracious and vivacious child who was diagnosed at an early age. I don’t know these folks but her story touched me.

 I´m a mother and to read her words of how she wishes she could help her son get better, make the needles stop and the tears go away but she can’t. You could read her story here.

It reminded me of Angel. She is the niece of a woman to whom I´m very grateful to. Because she thought me so much, she was my supervisor, a friend and my mentor. I learned from her even when I wasn’t around her. Angel is a 7 year old who was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2010. Angel is a warrior, she´s very blessed.

I wanted to share her story for 2 reasons:

1) I´m a mother, couldn’t even imaging if something of this magnitude were to ever happen to any of my children. It´s hard for me as a daughter to see my mom undergo medical issues, it will be devastating to see my young child go thru something like this. For that I have to say ¨hat´s off to Myra and Alan (Angel´s parents) plus the whole family. You guys are such a tight and united family. You have prayed so hard but also have done EVERYTHING you could to make sure your little girl is care for. And you have given her all the support and love that she needed back then and she needs now to believe that this will soon be over, that God will cure her and continue to bless her as he has so far.

2) To ask for your donations. Since his Childhood Cancer month, since maybe Angel would soon need surgery again (let´s pray she doesn´t), if any time this would be the best time to do so.

You could read Angel story here at Caring Bridge (hope the family doesn´t mind me sharing this).

You would see the Donate now link on the right hand side of the page.

Please help, do something because every little bit helps. Give & Pray, get your hands busy these little Angel´s need us...

Aide ;)
Smile… it´s free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wheels here we go!